Posted on 18. Oct, 2012 by Admin.
Researchers have been quite busy lately in finding out how much potential turmeric plant contains. Several tests have been conducted and are being conducted to establish its power. Is turmeric the answer to cancer that the world has been searching for a long time? Maybe. Knowing what turmeric is and what it is made of would allow us to understand the issue.
What Is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a type of herb that grows in Asia but found mostly and India, China, and Indonesia and used as spice. Its other names include Indian saffron, haridra, jiang huang, and Curcuma longa. For those who are not yet aware, turmeric is a basic recipe in making curry, which the Indians widely use in their dishes.
It has an active ingredient known as curcumin, which is a type of antioxidant found in its rhizome (root) that is being pointed to as responsible for curing cancer.
Because it is an antioxidant, curcumin helps fight free radicals that cause the disease. This ingredient has already shown cancer cell inhibition in animals.
Turmeric has been used since the seventh century AD by Chinese and Indian peoples as medicine for various ailments such as fever, diarrhea, colds, bronchitis, worm infestations, kidney and bladder problems, and leprosy, among others. It is also used to treat simple health conditions like leech and insect bites, bruises, inflammation, and wound. It was used in the form of inhalant, topical, or tea.
Turmeric For Cancer
Early research showed that the curcumin content of turmeric was able to prevent cancer cell growth and development. In lab tests conducted on animals with lab-grown cancers, the ingredient caused tumors to shrink and eventually killed the cancer cells.
Some tests were also conducted on individuals with cancer to know the dosage needed to fight the cancerous cells.
Turmeric is also being put to the test in terms of curing other diseases aside from cancer. Other possibilities may also include lowering of bad cholesterol, which is beneficial for those with cardiovascular problems.
Posted on 13. Oct, 2012 by Admin.
Curcumin capsules are among the most sought-after supplements today. With the increasing popularity of natural and organic health products, they are also quickly establishing their position as a safe, effective, and better alternative to other vitamins and medicines.
As the name suggests, these capsules are mainly composed of curcumin and the numerous health benefits it can give the body. This component alone is so powerful and effective that it can provide remarkable changes to a person’s internal bodily functions, skin condition, and mental alertness. On top of that, since it is all-natural, it works well with the body’s natural processes and does not have any risky side effects. In the case of pregnancy though and the regular intake of other medicines, taking curcumin capsules has to be consulted with a doctor first. Otherwise, they are very effective and beneficial for the body.
People take these capsules for a variety of reasons. As mentioned, they take care of the functions of internal organs, the condition of the skin, and the quickness of the mind. These benefits are discussed in more detail below.
In terms of taking care of a person’s bodily systems, curcumin aids in fighting off bacterial, viral, fungal, and other disease-causing elements that find their way into a person’s body. This is why curcumin is also often found in medicines that treat the liver, gall bladder, or digestive system. It naturally fights off anything that will weaken the body’s internal functions. It boosts the body’s natural processes in order to prevent any illness from developing. Therefore, more than just being a form of treatment for certain diseases, curcumin also functions as a supplement for those who just need to maintain their healthy bodily functions. Curcumin both cures and prevents. This is also why it is known to help in keeping cancer away.
When it comes to skin conditions, curcumin aids in the quick healing of bruises and skin infections caused by fungi. As it helps in the fast recovery of the body from bruises or sprains, it also acts as a pain reliever. In terms of skin infections, its ability to fight off fungi and viruses does not only apply to internal body organs, but to the skin surface as well. When ingested, these capsules work from within, with the results manifesting physically.
Lastly, in terms of mental alertness, these capsules are also taken by people in order to improve their memory and mental functions. When they keep the body healthy, the effects also manifest on how a person becomes more mentally sharp and active. With the rest of the internal organs functioning well, the brain is able to focus more and maximize its capacity. Hence, the capsules boost the mind to be alert and fully functional.
With the benefits of being all-natural, powerful in fighting off diseases, and effective in keeping the whole body healthy, these capsules are an essential part of a person’s regular health regimen. By taking curcumin capsules, people become assured of a long, healthy, and active life ahead of them.
Posted on 11. Oct, 2012 by Admin.
With the increasing demand for and popularity of curcumin-based supplements, more and more people want to learn and understand what curcumin health benefits exactly are. Most of them know that it aids in keeping the body healthy and helps in curing certain diseases. Beyond that, they want to know more. Although some people take the supplements because it is enough for them to know that it is good for the body, it is still wiser to learn what curcumin really has to offer.
By knowing what curcumin health benefits actually are, a person also gets to understand how much the supplements can really do for him or her. In the process, this knowledge works with and reinforces the effectiveness of curcumin. Having sufficient knowledge of its health benefits also allows a person to fully share and recommend the supplements to others. Basically, it makes a person take and benefit from curcumin responsibly.
One benefit of curcumin is pain relief. Certain oral supplements and topical ointments that are used for soothing arthritic discomfort, muscular pains, bruises, sprains, and swelling, often contain curcumin. This is especially the case when the supplement or ointment is made from natural ingredients or is organically produced. Natural and organic pain relievers frequently have curcumin in their ingredients because it makes them very powerful and effective.
Curcumin also helps in better digestive health. Many people who suffer from irregular or problematic digestion are often advised to take curcumin-based supplements. These supplements aid in fighting off elements or components in a person’s digestive system that prevent if from fully or smoothly functioning. After just a short period of time, the improvements that curcumin makes can already be observed. When a person’s digestive processes are regularized, it has an overall effect on his or her health and appearance. He or she not just feels lighter and healthier, but looks the same way as well.
Medicines that treat liver, gall bladder, and urinary tract ailments are often composed of curcumin. This is because of its other benefit – that of relieving a person’s internal organs from harmful elements that cause them to be unable to properly process what a person consumes. Moreover, curcumin prevents the growth and spread of harmful bacteria that cause infections within these organs. By keeping these organs functioning properly, curcumin ensures a person’s health and safety from serious illnesses that develop from within.
Providing energy is another health benefit of curcumin. Some supplements promote this by saying that they help in boosting energy, keeping the mind alert, and improving memory retention. They may call it with different names, but basically, what curcumin does is help increase a person’s energy level, both physically and mentally. When a person feels energetic, he or she feels more alert and absorbs and retains information longer. At the same time, he or she also feels and becomes more capable of accomplishing more things – be it planning, organizing, writing, or closing deals at work. The person’s high energy level manifests both in his or her physical and mental aspects, and this high energy is reinforced by the curcumin in the supplement.
These are among the top benefits of curcumin. Now, with curcumin health benefits seen from a much clearer perspective, a person is made fully aware of what he or she is ingesting when he or she takes curcumin-based supplements, and what good they really do.
Posted on 10. Oct, 2012 by Admin.
Psoriasis is a skin disease that has been difficult to soothe or remove, until recent findings showed that it can be effective to use turmeric. In such cases, turmeric is taken in the form of supplements. After a certain period, most people who had been suffering with the said skin ailment reported remarkable changes in their condition. Many observed that their skin marks and patches significantly lessened. In some cases, the skin is almost rid of them.
Although psoriasis is not a contagious disease and it is genetic most of the time, many people who have it still find it hard to live a normal life. First of all, though it is not contagious, it causes the skin to have noticeably scaly and reddish patches, particularly on the joints and other highly visible body parts. Naturally, this will still evoke certain reactions from other people. The self esteem and self confidence of a person with psoriasis becomes affected.
Secondly, people with psoriasis have higher risks for certain conditions such as stroke, diabetic complications, and psoriatic arthritis. Thus, they are on a constant journey to find an effective solution that will improve, if not totally get rid of, their condition. At the same time, studies are being constantly done to try to find such solutions. Eventually, these brought to their attention the findings which show that using turmeric psoriasis could work.
Turmeric is a spice commonly grown and found in South Asia, where the weather conditions are very warm and the sunny seasons are long. This makes turmeric quite exotic to several other parts of the world, thus making it expensive. In regions where turmeric is native, it is often an ingredient in various dishes or enjoyed as tea. However, not everyone is fond of the exotic taste, and again, turmeric can be hard to come by and keep even if a person likes its flavor. This is why it is more efficiently processed, transported, and taken in the form of capsules.
This spice has a natural component called curcumin, which is believed to be the source of turmeric’s healing properties. This is also why some turmeric-based supplements and medicines are called curcumin capsules. When ingested, the curcumin is released into the body, and does its work. Mainly, it helps in removing disease-causing elements and aids in easing bodily pains. Apart from psoriasis, other internal illnesses are also remedied by the curcumin found in turmeric. By relieving the physical and internal organs of harmful bacteria, fungi, and viruses, it helps in curing away diseases and maintaining the body’s natural healthy state.
In terms of treating psoriasis, a certain dosage is taken by the person suffering from the disease. To be sure how much should be taken, he or she must consult with a doctor. Once taken, the curcumin begins its healing process. In some cases, a person with psoriasis also suffers from psoriatic arthritis. Thus, as the person bears the skin marks on his or her joints, the same joints also go through a lot of discomfort. However, what the curcumin does is to treat both ailments – it relieves the arthritic pain and aids in freeing the skin from the scaly rashes. Because of this, a growing number of people have used capsules with turmeric psoriasis as treatment.
Posted on 09. Oct, 2012 by Admin.
1. Massage Using Natural Liniment. The first thing you wish to go away is the inconvenience of having painful and discomforting muscles. What can help you with this is to massage your body paying particular attention to the area where you feel the pain and discomfort. Use liniment you can prepare from natural ingredients.
Liniment is the typical remedy for aching muscles since ancient times. Heat is the basis of its healing powers. When you apply the liniment as a massaging solution, you will feel the warmth to soothe your sore joints. Some of the herbs you can use as liniment are the following: Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Wintergreen, Ginger, Cayenne, and Clove.
2. Apply cold and hot compress. To calm your sore muscles and dull the pain, apply cold compress first. Cold compress is one of the proven natural solutions for swelling muscles and inflammation. It will calm your joints. Its application should last for up to twenty (20) minutes only. You can reapply as needed.
Follow up your cold compress with hot compress. The heat from the compress will improve blood flow and will loosen up your muscles. It also helps to restore elasticity of your joints, so you can move your body freely without pain and discomfort. Just like cold compress, be careful not to exceed the 20-minute limit for each application.
3. Do some stretching exercises to calm your aching joints. It is tempting to avoid exercises since moving your body can mean pain and discomfort. You will realize, however, that exercising brings healthy benefits in the treatment and prevention of achy muscles and joints.
Exercising stimulates the body to release endorphin, a natural chemical that prevents your body to feel pain. According to health experts, this chemical has demonstrated more pain-relieving power than morphine. The key is to do exercises that you like so you can stay motivated in doing them regularly.
Among the benefits of exercising that Mayo Clinic lists are the following: improves the elasticity of your joints, strengthens your muscles and bones, and helps you in getting rid of your excess weight to reduce pressure on your joints.
4. Get rid of your excess weight. Any unnecessary weight on your body can add to the pressure on your joints. As the pressure increases, so does the risk for painful muscles. With your heavy weight, you may find it demotivating to move your body due to inconvenience.
Start losing weight right now to ease the pressure. You do not have to lose it fast to avoid adverse effects. Go for safe and healthy weight loss. You can do this by watching your diet and doing simple exercises such as stretching your body, dancing, and walking.
These five (5) natural remedies will treat and prevent aching joints. Consider them first before popping the pill. You will see how you can get immediate and long-lasting relief from these remedies.
Posted on 08. Oct, 2012 by Admin.
Health experts across the world agree that inflammation is the underlying cause of most diseases. One of the best natural solutions to treat and prevent such diseases is to address inflammation through dieting. Here are five (5) things you must know about anti-inflammation diet.
1. A diet that will reduce and prevent inflammation involves eating natural food instead of processed food. As much as possible, eat the food in their raw condition such as with fruits and vegetables. If you must cook food, choose methods that are able to preserve the nutrients. Examples of these methods are the following: steaming, baking, microwaving, and stir-frying.
It is also preferable that you choose naturally grown ingredients for your food recipes. If you have to use conventionally grown ingredients, be sure to wash them thoroughly to remove traces of toxic chemicals from pesticides and artificial fertilizers. If you have to consume processed food, choose those with more natural ingredients than artificial ingredients.
2. Increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables, as they are natural anti-inflammatory food. Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of anti-oxidants such as phytonutrients. The WebMD classifies food into three types: anti-inflammation, neutral, and pro-inflammation. Fruits and vegetables lead the list of anti-inflammation food.
Some of the best anti-inflammation fruits and vegetables are the following: papaya, blueberries, broccoli, sweet potato, cranberries, pineapple, strawberries, cherries, purple grapes, red peppers, eggplant, and radishes. To double the benefits you can get from fruits and vegetables as your anti-inflammation diet, eat them raw or limit the time and heat in cooking them.
3. The fast food diet is a major culprit in inflammatory diseases. This is because the diet is rich in pro-inflammatory fats. Most fast-food types of food are rich in Omega 6 and poor in Omega 3 fatty acids. This ratio of fatty acids in the body, along with trans- fat, triggers and promotes inflammation.
Your diet should therefore restore the good balance between Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids, and eliminate trans-fat. Some of the rich sources of Omega 3 fatty acids are the following: salmon, cod liver oil, flaxseeds, and green vegetables. Avoid the following food for their trans-fat ingredients: margarines, packaged food, frozen food, and fast food.
4. Herbs and spices are essential ingredients in your diet to treat and prevent inflammation. Add flavor to your food by using these anti-inflammatory herbs and spices: ginger, turmeric, cloves, black pepper, cilantro, rosemary, onion, garlic, cayenne, chives, basil, and cinnamon.
5. Identify your food allergies, as they can trigger inflammation. Stay away from food allergens or ingredients that elicit sensitive or allergic reactions from your body. Usually, these food types are common allergens: milk as some people are lactose-intolerant, dairies, corn, soy, wheat, yeast, beef and poultries.
Several clinical studies and research have already established the benefits of eating anti-inflammation diet to fight and prevent chronic ailments and diseases, including those that are life threatening such as cardiovascular diseases and cancer. The diet will also slow down the aging process by stopping inflammation and promoting regeneration of new and healthy cells in the body.
Posted on 07. Oct, 2012 by Admin.
- Salmon is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. Clinical studies have established that one of the major culprits for chronic inflammation is too much Omega 6 fatty acids and too little Omega 3 fatty acids in the body. Choose the wild variety over the cultured variety as they contain more health benefits from Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is perhaps the healthiest monounsaturated oil. It supplies the body with healthy fats necessary to keep inflammation in check. It also improves blood circulation and promotes healthy heart.
- Kelp is a sea vegetable from brown algae. It enables your body to benefit from complex carbohydrates, the type of carbohydrate that can fight inflammation. It is also rich in fiber that is good for weight management and control.
- Cruciferous or cabbage-family vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and kale are anti-cancer food. You must know that inflammation is one of the top culprits of cancerous cells. These vegetables can also act as detoxifiers to keep your body systems free from harmful substances and chemicals.
- The berry family of fruits is the super food that can stop and prevent inflammation. In fact, blue berries usually top the lists of anti-inflammatory food. However, other berries such as strawberries and raspberries are also equally potent in reducing inflammation considering the concentration of anti-oxidants you can get from consuming these anti-inflammatory foods.
- Ginger is a potent anti-inflammation ingredient. It has earned its eminent status way back the ancient times for its multiple health benefits. Ginger contains the most potent anti-inflammatory substances and can easily beat anti-inflammatory drugs in delivering effective and safe results.
- Green Tea, while earning its popularity as a weight loss agent, is rich in flavonoids that prevent inflammation. Overwhelming proof and evidence from various clinical and scientific studies point to the effectiveness and potency of antioxidant properties of green tea in combating inflammation and diseases associated with it.
- Turmeric is an Asian spice that contains Curcumin, a powerful natural compound that fights inflammation. A super anti-inflammatory spice, turmeric belongs to the ginger family of spices. Curcumin works to inhibit inflammation the same way that non-steroidal drugs do. The best part of it is that unlike the latter, there are no side effects from Turmeric.
- Shitake Mushrooms are Asian mushrooms that are fast becoming popular as an anti-inflammation ingredient. Natural compounds present in the mushrooms enable it to defend the body against inflammatory attacks. This ingredient is also potent in fighting and preventing cancer cells.
- Sweet Potatoes especially the purple variety have powerful antioxidants that work as anti-inflammatory agents in the body. To preserve its antioxidants, choose to steam or boil as the method for cooking. It has the power to help heal inflammatory diseases.
These are the ten (1) anti-inflammatory foods that you should consume to fight and prevent several diseases. From the experts, you will know at the core of most diseases lies inflammation as the culprit. Activate the natural healing powers of your body systems through these super foods.
Posted on 07. Oct, 2012 by Admin.
Clinical studies reveal that the underlying cause of most life-threatening diseases and premature aging is chronic inflammation. One of the best natural solutions is to introduce healthy changes to your diet and accommodate food that can stop and prevent inflammation. Here are six (6) tips on how you can benefit from consuming anti-inflammatory diet.
1. The key to benefit from the diet is to select ingredients that fight inflammation and prepare your meals accordingly. The goal is to provide your body with nutrients that will keep it healthy and free from diseases.
In selecting your food ingredients, keep the following in mind: choose fresh food over frozen food and natural ingredients instead of artificial ingredients; avoid or lessen your consumption of fast, instant, and processed food; increase your intake of fruits and vegetables; and choose a variety of food rich in antioxidants.
2. Cut the amount of sugar in your meals, especially refined sugar. According to health experts, sugar is one of the main culprits for inflammatory diseases. It stimulates degeneration of body cells and speeds up the aging process. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, results reveal that excessive consumption of refined sugar can lead to death from inflammatory diseases.
3. Avoid food that contains trans-fat. These are fatty acids found in industrially processed oils. The addition of hydrogen makes the oils one of the unhealthiest food product in the market, and consuming it is a surefire way to inflammation. The most common effect of trans-fat is it increases bad cholesterol and decreases good cholesterol. This is a dangerous combination leading serious and fatal diseases such as heart attacks and cancers.
4. Include more fruits and vegetables in your anti-inflammatory diet. It is worth emphasizing the importance of consuming fruits and vegetables, as they are your primary sources of nutrients. You will benefit from high levels of antioxidants that serve as your body’s natural armor and shield against inflammatory diseases.
Fruits cleanse your body flushing out toxic substances that can trigger and worsen inflammation; vegetables feed your body and deliver essential nutrients to optimize your systems. Both are rich in phytonutrients that promote generation of healthy cells.
5. Choose monounsaturated oils such as olive oil, fish oil, flaxseed oil, and walnut oil. Unlike trans- fats and other saturated fatty acids, these oils do not clog your arteries. They also have the ability to fight and control inflammation, lowering your bad cholesterol and promoting your good cholesterol.
6. In preparing your well-balanced meals, make sure to include anti-inflammatory ingredients such as the following: whole grains, fruits and vegetables, anti-inflammation fats, as well as herbs and spices rich in antioxidants.
On top of selecting and preparing your anti-inflammatory diet, you should also see to it that you shift to a healthier lifestyle. Dieting will lose its value if you do not accompany it with healthy lifestyle changes. Some of these are to reduce your stress levels, minimize your exposure to environmental toxins, getting enough rest and relaxation, and doing your healthy exercise routine.
Posted on 05. Oct, 2012 by Admin.
The main of good nutrition is to provide people with adequate amounts of essential vitamins and minerals to promote good health. This is actually easy to achieve if you are eating a healthy and balanced diet. But with the lifestyle we have nowadays, it is ineluctable to have poor diet and nutrition. More often than not, we don’t get everything that we need each day to keep us healthy. Furthermore, we often experience diseases and illnesses such as arthritis.
Drinking arthritis supplements is essential for people who don’t get enough nutrients each day who are also suffering from arthritis. There are certain minerals, vitamins and compounds that are essential in managing symptoms of arthritis that sufferers need to ingest each day. Most of these supplements can be found in food but as mentioned above, only very few of us nowadays have a healthy and balanced diet. This is why supplements are here to help arthritis sufferers manage their symptoms and potentially decrease pain.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
This is one of the many arthritis supplements that can definitely help in managing symptoms and pain associated with the condition. It may sound unappetizing and uninteresting but people with arthritis can definitely benefit from drinking supplements with such. Omega-3 is an essential fat that the body needs to be healthy but we can’t produce this on our won thus we need to ingest it from food or supplements. Once inside the body, they help form hormones that inhibit inflammation formation thereby inhibiting pain. Increasing your daily dose of Omega-3 fatty acids can help subdue symptoms of arthritis especially pain.
We are all familiar with the many benefits of vitamin C especially to our immune system but very few people, especially those with arthritis, realize the benefits they can get from it. Vitamin C is one of the hardest vitamins to store in the body because it is water soluble. It is easily flushed out of the body which is why we need high amounts of it each day to boost our immune system and keep us healthy. But vitamin C not only plays a crucial role in our immune system but also to our joints. It helps produce collagen which is an important component of our joints and rids the body of free radicals which can cause destruction of joints.
Just like vitamin C, vitamin E is also an antioxidant which helps rid the body of free radicals. It has also been found that vitamin E helps regenerate damaged cells in your joints due to swelling and inflammation helping it restores its health. But unlike vitamin C, the effects of vitamin E to arthritis management is only limited.
Arthritis has two forms: rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. Arthritis can be in the form of deteriorating cartilage in joints which we know as osteoarthritis. This is why calcium plays a huge role in managing arthritis symptoms especially osteoarthritis. We all know the importance of calcium in developing healthy bones and joints to avoid osteoarthritis from occurring.
These arthritis supplements can definitely help you manage your condition and lessen the pain associated with arthritis. It is possible for us to get these naturally from foods if we eat a healthy and balanced diet. But with the kind of lifestyle we lead nowadays, drinking supplements of such is definitely a good alternative.
Posted on 05. Oct, 2012 by Admin.
For many researchers and experts who have been studying curcumin for a long time now, curcumin cancer is not a new concept anymore. There have been studies and research done already to prove how the spice can help patients with cancer and how it can help people prevent forming cancer cells.
Most of us recognize this spice as the one responsible for creating the delectable taste and aroma of curry. But little do most of us know is its potential cancer benefits. It is widely recognized as a powerful antioxidant which is actually why it helps prevent cancer cells from forming. Antioxidants are known to inhibit free radicals from forming inside the body. Free radicals create an unstable environment inside the body which can potentially kill healthy cells thereby producing malignant, cancerous cells. This is why antioxidants inside the body are essentials as they prevent free radicals from forming cancer cells. Curcumin was found to help do all these things, which is why it is considered as a medical spice.
Curcumin contains several active mechanisms which contribute to its power anti-inflammatory characteristic as well as its chemopreventive characteristics. These mechanisms targets ten of the different causative factors if cancer which is why it is considered as a powerful curcumin cancer. By targeting any of these causative factors, a person is already given a great potential for not developing cancer.
What more if it targets ten? Then, a person is given almost 100% chance of not developing cancer throughout his lifetime. Curcumin helps block inflammatory molecules in the body. By blocking such molecules, any cancer-causing inflammation is prohibited and levels of inflammatory cytokines in the body are eliminated. It also interferes with harmful chemical productions in the body that can trigger an inflammatory eruption which can eventually lead to cancer. This is how curcumin helps ward off any potential cancerous threats in the body making you healthier than ever before.
Preventive Potentials of Curcumin
With all that said, you might be wondering what types of cancer, this wonder spice might be able to prevent and treat. There have been studies and researches that have seen great potential in colon cancer, breast cancer and even prostate cancer and gastrointestinal cancer. Other types of cancer have studies on-going today that aims to discover the relation of curcumin to the prevention and treatment of such. But the aforementioned cancers have established and proven studies already. It is currently being explored to prevent and treat blood-related cancers such as leukemia and lymphoma. It is currently also being studied to treat and prevent cancers related to the brain, bladder and lungs. Curcumin has also been recognized as an emerging treatment for pancreatic cancer, which is one of the most lethal and progressive forms of cancer.
The medical benefits of curcumin especially to cancer prove that this is one wonder of nature that can potentially save us. Curcumin cancer can definitely help patients in managing their conditions and helping other people prevent the formation of such. If you want to keep a healthy body free of cancer threats, incorporate curcumin into your diet now.